Please select a link below to register for the location of your choice:
Yoga for Scleroderma Teacher Training (18 hours)
with Kathy Randolph, C-IAYT
assisted by Lori Pierce, RYT-200 living with w/ Scleroderma
Yoga for the Special Child® Continuing Education on Scleroderma and Arthritis is a comprehensive training course in teaching students of any age with Scleroderma or Arthritis. 18 hours of CEU’s approved for International Association of Yoga Therapists, Yoga Alliance, American Association of Occupational Therapy, Nevada Physical Therapy Board.
PRE-REQUISITE: one of:
- 200HR Yoga Teacher Training and 1 year teaching a population with special needs.
- Health background (PT, OT, RT, SLP, Nurse, Special Education Teacher) plus 1 year of consistent personal yoga practice.
- Yoga the Special Child Basic 1 Program plus 1 year of consistent yoga practice.
- The symptoms of Scleroderma, how relief is provided by yoga practice, safety issues, video and demonstration by Kathy Randolph with participants.
- The symptoms of Arthritis, how relief is provided by yoga practice, safety issues, video and demonstration by Kathy Randolph with participants
- Morning practice: participants experience a group class including students with Scleroderma and Arthritis.
- The use of Pranayama to improve circulation, digestion and sleep.
- The use of the Bandhas and Kriyas to relieve digestive issues in Scleroderma, safety issues, choosing the right technique for each case, how to teach the Bandhas and Kriyas
- The use of props specific to the hand and wrist concerns of Scleroderma and Arthritis
- Hands on practice with fellow participants: teaching Hatha Yoga class to a person with Arthritis
- Hands on practice with fellow participants: teaching Hatha Yoga class to a person with Scleroderma
- Hands-on practice by participants with volunteers with Arthritis
- Hands-on practice by participants with volunteers with Scleroderma
- Group discussion: definition of stages, building up the right Hatha Yoga class for each volunteer
Contact the coordinator: Kathy Randolph, (775) 322-4600, email@example.com